Chadwick Residence strives to empower women to create lives of personal independence. There are few feelings as liberating as experiencing true self-reliance in your daily living.
To help women achieve independent living, Chadwick Residence staff provides assistance with budgeting, stress management, nutrition, cooking, transportation, time management and hygiene. Both groups and one-to-one education are provided. Weekly house meetings focus on issues and presentations by volunteer presenters.
Independent living skills include:
- Budgeting – Good money management is necessary to leading an independent life. The most important skill in money management may be making a budget and living by it.
- Time Management – Time is likely the most valuable resource any of us have, making time management one of the most important skills to master.
- Stress Management – Stress is both unproductive and unhealthy. Proper management of stress helps lead to a happier and more well managed life.
- Transportation – One crucial element to independent living is getting where you need to go.
- Nutrition, Cooking and Food Preparation – Proper nutrition is the main ingredient in the recipe for good health. That’s why learning about nutrition and food preparation is provided to help our residents thrive.
- Health and Hygiene – Health is the most fundamental aspect to independent living. This is not possible without proper knowledge of good hygiene.